2019 Harley-Davidson® Iron 883™ - Color Option
The Harley-Davidson® Shop at the Beach
Iron 883™ - Color Option
An original icon of the Harley-Davidson Dark Custom style. It sets the standard for the raw, stripped-down, blacked-out look. Now with fresh, new graphics.
Styling + Features
- Blacked-Out Look: It's the poster bike of the anti-chrome movement. You've got a black powder-coated 883cc engine with black rocker covers. Black on the throwback round air cleaner cover. Chopped fenders, to show off a little rubber and black front forks with gaiters to add a little old-school nostalgia.
- Street Inspired Paint: We created paint jobs with colors that look right against the backdrop of the urban grid, and don't need a lot of maintenance. These are tough finishes, as mean as the meanest street.
- Low Seat & Slammed Suspension: The combination of a lowered front and rear suspension together with a low, narrow solo seat—just 25.7-inches high—provides comfort and confidence for riders of all sizes and experience. The ride is responsive and plush, whether you're dodging urban potholes or out exploring the back roads.
- Tuck and Roll Seat: A solo seat that combines modern comfort with an authentic “tuck and roll" design inspired by the early days of the bobber.
- 883cc Air-Cooled Evolution® Engine: Authentic Harley-Davidson style through and through, dripping with power. The rubber-mounted 883cc Evolution® engine runs hard and rides smooth for thousands of miles so you can just worry about taking in the freedom of boulevards and back streets.
- Machined 9-Spoke Wheels: Nine-spoke wheels that are black as night where the rim meets the rubber and set off by a more contemporary mechanical look machined into the spokes.
- Drag-Style Handlebar: Born at the drag strip, the low-rise, slammed black drag-style handlebar is an old-school garage feature that puts you in a forward, aggressive riding position.
- Engine: Air-cooled, Evolution®
- Bore: 3 in. (76.2 mm)
- Stroke: 3.811 in. (96.8 mm)
- Displacement: 883 cc (53.9 cu in.)
- Compression Ratio: 9.0:1
- Fuel System: Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Exhaust: Black exhaust headers and black mufflers
- Length: 86 in. (2,185 mm)
- Seat Height, Laden: 25.7 in.
- Seat Height, Unladen: 29.9 in. (760 mm)
- Ground Clearance: 5.5 in. (140 mm)
- Rake (steering head) (deg): 30
- Trail: 4.6 in. (117 mm)
- Wheelbase: 59.6 in. (1,515 mm)
- Tires, Front Specification: 100/90B19 57H
- Tires, Rear Specification: 150/80B16 77H
- Fuel Capacity: 3.3 gal. (12.5 L)
- Oil Capacity (w/filter): 2.8 qt. (2.6 L)
- Weight, As Shipped: 545 lb. (247 kg)
- Weight, In Running Order: 564 lb. (256 kg)
- Engine Torque Testing Method: J1349
- Engine Torque: 53.8 ft-lb (73 Nm)
- Engine Torque (rpm): 3750
- Lean Angle, Right (deg.): 27
- Lean Angle, Left (deg.): 28
- Fuel Economy Testing Method: Estimated City/Hwy
- Fuel Economy: 51 mpg (4.6 l/100 km)
- Primary Drive: Chain, 34/57 ratio
- Gear Ratios (overall) 1st: 10.41
- Gear Ratios (overall) 2nd: 7.436
- Gear Ratios (overall) 3rd: 5.531
- Gear Ratios (overall) 4th: 4.584
- Gear Ratios (overall) 5th: 3.931
- Wheels, Front Type: Black 9 Spoke with Machined Highlights
- Wheels, Rear Type: Black 9 Spoke with Machined Highlights
- Brakes, Caliper Type: Dual-piston front, Dual-piston rear
- Lights (as per country regulation), Indicator Lamps: High beam, neutral, low oil pressure, turn signals, engine diagnostics, low fuel warning, low battery, security system (if equipped), ABS (if equipped)
- Gauges: Handlebar-mounted electronic speedometer with odometer, time-of-day clock, dual tripmeter, low fuel warning light, low oil pressure light, engine diagnostics readout, LED indicator lights
NOTES:Vehicle may be shown with optional Genuine Motor Accessories. Recommended 91 octane or higher fuel (R+M)/2. Fuel Economy estimated from fuel economy tests on a sample motorcycle from the corresponding family conducted by Harley-Davidson under ideal laboratory conditions. Not all motorcycle models undergo fuel economy testing. Fuel economy and mileage may vary among motorcycle models within a family. Your mileage may vary depending on your personal riding habits, weather conditions, trip length, vehicle condition and vehicle configuration and other conditions. Break-in mileage may vary. Engine torque values shown are nominal. Performance may vary by country and region. Standard and optional fuel systems may vary by country. Standard and optional wheels may vary by country and region. North America security system includes immobilizer; outside North America the security system includes immobilizer and siren. Seat Height measurement reflects 180 lb. (81.7 kg) operator weight.
- Engine Type
- 883 cc (53.9 cu in.)
- Bore and Stroke
- 3 in. (76.2 mm) x 3.811 in. (96.8 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Front Brakes
- Rear Brakes
- Front Tire
- 100/90B19 57H
- Rear Tire
- 150/80B16 77H
- 59.6 in. (1,515 mm)
- Seat Height
- 25.7 in.
- 30 deg.
- 4.6 in. (117 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.3 gal. (12.5 L)
- 51 mpg (4.6 l/100 km)
- Dry Weight
- 545 lb. (247 kg)
- Black Denim, Industrial Gray, Wicked Red, Rawhide Denim, Rugged Gold Denim