If you’re new to motorcycling, we’ve got information just for you. Read on to learn more about the world of Harley-Davidson and how Harley Shop at the Beach can turn your motorcycling dreams into reality.
GET YOUR PERMIT
Obtaining a Class M Motorcycle Beginner Permit requires a trip to the SC Dept. of Motor Vehicle. A motorcycle beginner's permit allows you to practice driving a motorcycle while an experienced licensed driver supervises you.
To get a Class M Beginner's Permit:
- You must be at least 15 years old
- You must bring your birth certificate, social security card, proof of residency and insurance information
- If you are under 18 years of age, you must bring your parent or legal guardian with to sign your application
- You must pass the vision and knowledge tests
Visit their website at www.scdmvonline.com for more information and to find a DMV location near you.
Before you can fire the ignition and roll down the asphalt, you need to soak up some basic information. And that means spending some quality time in the classroom with a trained instructor. Motorcycling takes skill and we recommend taking the South Carolina Rider Education course(s). They offer:
- Beginning Motorcycling Class (BC): this course teaches basic riding skills for a first time rider. Gets the student familiar with location and operation of the controls. Students practice riding a motorcycle to demonstrate that they can Start, Stop, Turn, and Shift the motorcycle. Control and balance are two key factors and looking in the direction of where you want the motorcycle to go is a third major factor. Motorcycles are provided for this class.
Intermediate Motorcycle Class (IC): this course teaches crash avoidance skills required for street riding plus slow speed tight turning and other slow speed techniques. This course is designed for riders with a learners permit and approximately 500 miles of riding experience. Good Clutch and Throttle Control is a MUST. Participants may receive a SC License Road Test Waiver with a passing score.
Experienced Motorcycle Class (EC): this course uses crash studies to introduce the students to some important information about traction management, advanced cornering and counter-steering. The course is designed for riders with a motorcycle license. Learner’s permit operators are eligible with proof of previous class completion.
Click here to download the South Carolina Rider Education brochure and find a course location near you.
|Visit SC Rider Education website at www.scridered.org
REMEMBER TO GET LICENSED
CHOOSE YOUR BIKE
MAKE IT HAPPEN